Sunday, March 9, 2008

A Reflective Weekend

We have SNOW. We received 6 inches of snow Friday and Saturday. This is the most snow we've seen in the past 5 years or so. It was absolutely beautiful and I could not resist a walk to take a few photos. This was taken on the farm down by the creek. I know, to a lot of you, that 6 inches of snow is nothing (Yes, Lynn in St. Louis, I am talking to you) but for us this is a lot. We were snowed in....stop laughing. Anyway, the scenery was breath taking and I enjoyed simply walking around snapping photos and being at peace. I had time this weekend to really reflect on my life. One thing I know is that I have fallen in love with this craft. Not only do I enjoy the final product but the process is so relaxing to me, which is important to my health. I have made countless friends and shared so many stories, memories, techniques, laughter and a few tears. The ladies on the PaperTrey Ink Forum are the best. My prayer is that I will have the talent and the ability to continue to create for a long time. I have not had time to add a lot of the blogs that I visit to my list but hope that you will take a peek a the ones that are there, from their blog you can travel on to others. Read their message, don't just look at the pictures. They have all become a part of my daily ritual, like waking up and saying good morning to your family. I have been working in my scrapbook room this weekend and hope to have photos to show you in a few days. Until then, take time to stop and reflect on something that makes you happy and brings you a peace.

1 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

First off...HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you have a day filled with lots of love and tons of nice surprises! L

LOL...your snowfall IS beautiful! Growing up in California, and then moving to the midwest, I was really loving the snow...for about the first 5-minutes and then I discovered that I liked the beauty of it, but not the mess that it creates...lol

You have a wonderful day and do somthing special to pamper yourself. You SO deserve it!